Thursday 12 May 2011

Work is Over, Now for the Pain...

By a lucky charm, somehow managed to leave the office much earlier than I had anticipated.  Now, at last I can concentrate on the job in hand, although I don't want to think too much about what's ahead, as I might just decide to duck out.

Now at home, final packing arrangements are in hand, squeezing the most out of my two panniers.  With careful planning, I hope to keep the weight to around 12kgs, which bearing in mind I'll be away for 16 days isn't bad going - ladies take note next time you take a weekend city break ;-)

My brother Chris has kindly offered to take me to Reading Service this evening where I'll meet up with Russ.  We then drive to Russ's flat in Bristol where we'll stay the night, then up at the crack of Sparrows tomorrow to head for Lands End for the big off.  Larri has volunteered for the biggest help of the lot - driving up to JoG to meet us and bring us home again, somehow I know that will be a huge relief, the thought of getting trains and buses and organising bike transportation after 1100 miles in the saddle, really would take the icing off the highs of achievement (assuming we do achieve that is).

Finally a short note of thanks to all those that have sponsored so far - I've been really touched by the number of people that have contributed to the Just Giving site.  Customers, friends and staff, your generosity has been unbelievable.  Thank you.

http://www.justgiving.com/Giles-Bowes/

No comments:

Post a Comment