Tuesday 10 May 2011

Final Preparations

The table in our dining area has been christened 'Mission Control' by Larri.  A crumpled muddled mess of Lycra shorts, painkillers, spare spokes, GPS systems, power leads, in fact all the tools of the next 2 week's trade.  How the hell it's all going to fit into two modest Ortlieb panniers God only knows..

Just returned from another physio session with Jim.  He's trying hard to help relieve the pain I'm getting in the neck as I crane forwards against my embarressingly curved spine - he seems to think he'll be able to striaghten it right out if I keep up the treatment after the run. Time will tell.

Picked up two spare spokes today, I'll tape them to the frame just in case. I already have two spare inner tubes, brake and gear cable and the smallest puncture repair kit I've ever seen.  Hopefully these things won't actually be required, but sods law says if I don't take them something will go wrong in the wilds of the Scottish Highlands.

I also purchased a ludicrously expensive pair of Clarks casual shoes - chosen only because they were the lightest shoe in the shop. Colour, style, sole - irrelevant. Everything is about weight and keeping it down if we are going to make total daily 4000 feet climbs without busting our boilers!

Russ sent through a summary of our trip in terms of daily miles.  I studied the single sheet of A4 for a very long time and it has finally sunk in.  We are really going to do this, baring disasters.

Can honestly say at last I'm beginning to look forward to the trip plus the weather for the first week doesn't look too bad either....

No comments:

Post a Comment